There’s nothing more relatable than all realizing we are all a little lost in our 20’s. Good quotes always reminds me that we’re really all in this together.
No matter where you turn, it feels like we’re all dealing with a bit of the same things. From not understanding how to do our taxes to being asked when we’re having kids for the umpteenth time this week (thanks, Mom!), our struggles have so many similarities.
Here are 20 of my favorite quotes to remind us that our problems are typical of any 20-something.
20 Quotes For 20-Somethings That Needs To Be Reminded That We’re All Still Figuring It Out
1. “Don’t compare your hustle to their highlight reel.” – The Ladygang
2. “Work like there is someone 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.” – Mark Cuban
3. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Unknown
4. “Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde
5. “Nothing will ruin your 20s more than thinking you should have everything together already.” – Unknown
6. “I think your 20s are the hardest part of life. I mean, everyone goes on about how hard it is to be a teenager, but actually, I think it’s tougher to be in your 20s because you’re expected to be a grownup and expected to earn your own living and be successful and I think you feel like a kid still.” – Nigel Cole
7. “Choose people who lift you up.” – Michelle Obama
8. “Sometimes, I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more.” – Sex in the City
9. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
10. “Nothing good ever happens in a blackout. I’ve never woken up and been like, ‘What is this Pilates mat doing out?’” – Amy Schumer
11. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah
12. “You’ll be fine. You’re 25. Feeling [unsure] and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it. take a breath. You’ll be okay. Even if you don’t feel okay all the time.” – Louis C.K.
13. “’Why the f*ck not me?’ should be your motto.”- Mindy Kaling
14. “Because what else are we going to do? Say no? Say no to an opportunity that may be slightly out of our comfort zone? Quiet our voice because we are worried it is not perfect? I believe great people do things before they are ready.” – Amy Poehler
15. “Your 20’s are your ‘selfish’ years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.” – Kyoko Escamilla
16. “I’m never so sure as I was in my mid-20s.” – Meryl Streep
17. “Positive, healthy, loving relationships in your twenties… I don’t know if anyone would disagree with it: I think they’re the exception, not the norm. People are either playing house really aggressively because they’re scared of what an uncertain time it is, or they’re avoiding commitment altogether.” – Lena Dunham
18. “All those people you pass as you climb the ladder of success could be the same ones who will catch you if you fall.” – Katie Couric
19. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” – Arianna Huffington
20. “At the end of your twenties, you realize you are inherently flawed, and that’s great, and that’s what makes you dynamic.” – Olivia Wilde
I guess T-Swift KNEW what was up when she said that we are happy, lonely and confused ALL AT THE SAME TIME when we’re 22.